To share your styles that may have presets included, save the style as described in 3.1 "Saving a Simple Style". To include the presets, save the style with its presets and then zip the styles and presets all together in a zipped file. Rename the *.zip file to *.style. (e.g. rename MyStyle.zip file to MyStyle.style)
The style import function will detect that the style file is actually a zip archive and contains presets along with the style, and will install them accordingly.
_____How to share your styles with other PostworkShop users
You can upload your style to the PostworkShop site or to other websites, following their commercial or free item upload rules. To share your styles throughtout the PostworkShop site, you will need to upload them.
For now, only webmasters are allowed to upload styles, palettes and brushes. Send your palette, brush or style with 3 demo images (around 800x800px each) followed by a few words about it, in a zip file, to our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide also your website nickname. Our team will check the name and the demo images - and if everything is done correctly, we will publish your style, palette or brush on our website.
Please take a moment to see how each file's donwload page is constructed so that you send us the right files.
Note: To upload files to the PostworkShop site you must be a registered user.
Note: For Free styles as well as for Commercial styles, we want to you to know that you can sell your styles on other websites too, you are not limited to PostworkShop.net. We want to be a great help to you, but we do not have the exclusivity of sharing and selling your styles. We just make it easy for you.
_____Sell your styles
So, you designed a good-looking style and now you want to sell it? Great, let's see what you need to do in order to make money.
We’re glad that you know that making money with your styles and stylez (packages of styles) is possible through publishing. First of all, you will need to publish the style you created. See also our tutorials about How to Save a Simple Style.
- After you have created your style, click the Save Current Style from the Style menu.
- Give it a good name, write a description about what it does, and choose the Category in which it will be saved. Select a reference thumbnail from the list at the right because Decide whether your style will be “Open” (modifiable) or “Sealed”. Give it a vendor name (which is your own name) and if you want, you can add your website, vendor copyright notice and comments.
- In "Properties" check all the information that you want to export so that others can modify your style to fit their own images. This is important because a style that fits perfectly on your own image may not fit another one quite as well.
- Export those properties by checking the “E” (Export icon) of each style's property that you want third-party users to be able to access It is usually useful to export properties such as brush width, brush length, sketch line and effect strength, so that the style can fit different images.
- You can give the exported properties descriptive names based on their role in the style so that others know which one to modify when applying the style to their own image. The small Filter Graph is a useful aid for showing you which filter's properties you are exporting or not.
- You can also limit the range of acceptable values in “Min Value” and “Max Value”, to preserve the character of the style, yet still fit many images. Any non-exported properties will keep their current values, which will actually define the specific look of your style.
- Adjust everything, select the path, and then click OK so that PostworkShop will export the style file to a folder on your computer.
- When you are finished, click OK. The Style Browser will automatically redirect you to the category where the style was saved.
The next step is to upload your style to the website - you must be a registered user to do so. You can do it from here. Our team will check the name and demo images - and if everything is done correctly, we will publish your style in demo mode. Anyone who downloads it will be given the demo version that watermarks their postworked image.
To actually buy your style, our Sales will upload it to our web store and put the “Buy” link to your style onto our Styles page.
You will be given a link to create a SplitPay account on eSellerate, so that your styles, and your sales, will be linked to you. You will not have to do anything further -- the money you will earn selling your styles will be transferred directly to your SplitPay account.
We want to you to know that you can sell your styles on other websites too, you are not limited to PostworkShop.net. We want to be a great help to you, but we do not have the exclusivity of selling your styles. We just make it easy for you...